Monday, August 13, 2007

Grrrr - unexpected hitches already

I popped into the Postshop to buy the pre-paid post bags that my helpers (lovely helpers) at the public libraries will use to send back any questionnaires that people may leave in a dropbox. I'd sussed out that I wanted the A4 pre-paid bag that cost $5.30 with the postage included, as I'd been in there 2 days ago scoping out the sizes and prices etc.

Got in there this morning and the whole display is different and a staff member was putting out new stock. He informed me that there were now no such thing as pre-paid bags and that I would have to buy a bag, weigh it, and buy postage to put on it. Which is all very nice, but I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH IT IS GOING TO WEIGH - THAT'S WHY I WAS BUYING A PRE-PAID BAG!!!

So now I will have to "guestimate" how much will be in the bag. I will have to err on the side of caution, therefore probably paying more than I would otherwise have had to. How is this an improved service to customers? Well, it's not is it?

Now I'm kicking myself for not having bought them when I was in there last week. Story of my life.

UPDATE - ...and then at lunchtime the pre-paid bags were back. Possibly NZ Post man was lying, or didn't know, or at seeing my dejected little face decided to put them back. Who knows?

No comments: