Monday, August 06, 2007

A-Labelling we will go

Still waiting on Human Ethics Committee approval but in the meantime I thought I would make good use of my time by broadening my stationery horizons.

That's right people, today, for the first time ever, I, printed LABELS!!

(Pause for applause)

As I'll be supplying freepost self-addressed envelopes along with the questionnaires at the distributing libraries I thought some nice address labels might be the go. I got myself down to Whitcoulls at lunchtime and bought myself a pack of Avery labels and have just finished sticking them onto some self-sealing business envelopes (oh the glamorous life I do lead!).

I would recommend doing them yourself if you are in a similar situation. I went to a copy/print place which shall remain nameless (but it rhymes with mintstop) and they quoted me more to get 100 labels printed than it costs for a packet of 350 labels. I guess the extra is for the time and energy to format the print job etc. but given that I have never printed a label before in my life, and that it took me less than 10 mins to figure out how to do it (who knew that Word "Help" would finally come in useful one day, or that the product codes for Avery labels are already there for you to choose? Revelatory stuff), I would say that you're best just doing it yourself. That way you save a bit of money, and have the satisfaction of knowing that you can print labels anytime you want. What you do with this newfound power is up to you. Just make sure you use your printing skills for good, not evil.

No comments: